Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Monday 19 March 2007

on the mend and on the go

A is slowly but surely getting better and today ate about a cup of cold cereal and a few mouthfuls of applesauce. This would be her first solid food in four days. What that kid's poor digestive system has been through...

Now we're getting more into the Myrtle Beach swing of things, D shooting sporting clays with bro-in-law and nephew yesterday and going golfing with my dad this morning. I went shopping to these lovely things called factory outlets (Bass boots for $18? Hello?) and this afternoon or tomorrow plan to take R horseback riding. Mini golf is on the agenda for tomorrow. I love having some time when the hardest thing to decide is, what shall we do today? I'm hoping A can get out tomorrow and have some fun. Not much of a vacation for her yet.

I took some time yesterday to plan the music for a conference at the end of March for which I'm the worship leader. In the course of doing that I ended up writing the lyrics for a new song. It may need more or I may use it for the conference as it is; I need to get in front of a piano for a while to see where it goes musically.

Meanwhile, I have another song that is almost done - it needs, literally, one more word. To be exact, it needs a two-syllable adjective that isn't heavy on the S's (several "s" sounds in the stanza alreadyand more would be too much). Writing poetry/lyrics is often so much more precise than writing prose. There are times in a lyric that you need something so specific as what I'm looking for, just that one word that makes it all fall into place. I never used to write poetry; it's been something within the last little while. Funny how that happens.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

send me the song!!!!!!
xo

Unknown said...

YAY!!! A new song! That is exciting... and I haven't heard anything about a conference. Is this a "Featuring Barb Glennie" kind of conference (cause that would be cool) or a "will need the Sequoia Band" kind of conference? And is this an excuse for me to make sure that my new drums get home? Anyways, you are on vacation and do not need my rambling away on your blog to take from it, so I hope you are having an excellent time, and hope that A gets better soon! See you when you return, as I may not be on until then either.

I've ended up staying here in Orangeville much longer than I expected, but thats ok I think. Talk to you soon!

Bee said...

hmm- what does the adjective need to be describing? That might be helpful....

Oh- I've started my own blog- once again I've given into peer pressure... it's bee-randomthoughts, and whatever the rest of the blog address is...