Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Monday 11 May 2009

weekend

The weekend with its visit from goaliemom and B was wonderful. Time with them always is. They had a birthday party for their six nieces and nephews who live here, which delighted the kids, but the girls just enjoyed being with them too.

Yesterday was Mother's Day and my request for the day was to go skeet shooting. Clays and shotgun shells were bought, the throwers set up in the field, and we proceeded to blast over 100 clays to bits. Fun, though a few did get away. I'm getting good at hitting the singles, but the doubles (having to fire at one, pump the gun to load the next shell, then shoot the second one that's already airborne) still elude me. On the way back into the house D reminded me that I do still love some girlie things when he slipped me an envelope with a gift certificate to a spa. What a guy.

No comments: