Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Tuesday 8 May 2007

training continues

Yesterday after supper had settled (really, why force myself to throw up?) I decided to ramp up the training a bit and combine the cycling and running. So, I did 10km on the bike, came in, grabbed the ipod, and did a 2km run. The run was without stops except for pausing to chug some water (don't drink and run, after all) and I covered it in about 15 minutes.

I feel like I've never been in better shape. And while the ol' butt could stand to slim down a bit, I'm probably in the best cardio shape of my life. And it feels pretty good.

Tomorrow another run is in the works. I still don't love running, but I have reached the point of grudging acceptance. I no longer think "I - hate - this" with every step. I tolerate it because I know I'll feel good when I finish. Not the most inspiring thing to say, I suppose, but there you are.

No comments: