Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Sunday 27 May 2007

milestone

M is now 7. She celebrated a decidedly pink girlie birthday, a blur of My Little Pony and Barbie and princesses that had her absolutely delighted. Her cake was pink with white daisies and the look on her face was worth the trouble of decorating it.

Tomorrow the festivities continue with a sleepover with a friend, and mini golfing the next day, so all in all her birthday celebrations stretch over three days. Not too bad, when you think of it. I think one of the highlights of her day was when D took her out for an ice cream date.

Tonight I am a bit sore from Saturday's exertions, but I now have tidy gravel paths running through my veggie garden, a great improvement over the planks I had down last year. Muscles aren't too bad but I'm feeling the effects of not enough sunscreen across the top of my back.

2 comments:

sue said...

Pictures!! I want pictures! Of the gravel paths and of the cake. Did you use fondant?

barb said...

Yes, and it was very easy to use. It gives an amazing smooth finish, though the flavor could use a little work. I just used it plain over a thin layer of buttercream icing, but according to the package you can flavor it with whatever extract you like. It was a worthwhile experiment, definitely.