Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 9 May 2007

it never ends, does it?

It's encouraging to have my mom visit and sit out on the porch and have her say, "you guys have done so much work here, and it looks so much better than when you first moved in". It seems all I see is what's left to do. Which is good, looking ahead and letting the dreamer girl have her say, but it's also good sometimes to look back to see how far we have come.

I suppose there will always be that little bit of dissatisfaction that comes with having the picture in my mind of what it could be here. Would we ever strive for something if we stayed comfortable? I don't think so. Not to say I'm not content with life here; it is truly where I want to be.

And apparently it is where all the blackflies want to be. Oh well. The stupid things are literally bigger out here than they are anywhere else I've ever seen them. I have to cycle with my mouth shut or I get an unwanted snack on the way.

Today, though, the work continues after school is done. Veggie garden to work on (both planting seeds and landscaping with brick paths made from an old chimney we tore down), and there's always other cleanup to do. It never does end.

No comments: