Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 16 May 2007

historica in the making

Today is the day; R heads off for a few days away from home at supper time. She's at the provincial Historica fair, staying in residence until Saturday night - her first time away by herself for a non-family visit. She's looking forward to it and though the Mommy in me is uneasy, I realize what a great opportunity it is for her and that my little baby is a young lady now. They'll have tours of the local museums and the Parliament buildings, workshops, their project showcase on Friday, fun time at the Wave Pool, etc. She'll be exhausted by Saturday night.

The younger kids and I will be heading down to see her with her project on Friday (it's at the National Archives Building from 11:00-2:00, if anyone happens to be in the neighborhood!)

Today will be school and packing for her mini-journey. It's rainy and as Pooh would say, a rather blustery day.

3 comments:

sue said...

Tell R to take every opportunity of enjoying herself. I wish I was going to be in the neighborhood at that time of day.
And I completely understand the mommy in you.

Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bee said...

This is so awesome for her! Be strong, I sure would have a hard time letting mine go to something like that! Tell her to kick some serious butt! :)