Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Tuesday 1 May 2007

are we having fun yet

I did it. It didn't happen until about 7:30 last night, but I did it and got to enjoy the orangey sunset sky while I ran one way and the rising full moon when I turned home. I covered my obligatory 2km and probably walked a total of 500m of it. I want to eliminate the walking.

So far my muscles are not too bad, but maybe they're still shocked that I would lull them into a false sense of security and then make them do that again.

Running was made very nice by the inclusion of my ipod, though I started laughing in a sort of gaspy-can't-get-air-to-laugh way (I was running, after all) when the Nickelback song 'How You Remind Me' came on. The line: these five words in my head / scream 'are we having fun yet'? had me asking the same thing.

My ipod is currently a very strange mix of that song (heavier than I usually listen to, but included because I know I like to exercise to it), several by Jars of Clay, assorted songs good for dancing like an idiot behind a snowblower, and some slow jazz - Louis Armstrong ('What a Wonderful World') and Norah Jones ('Come Away With Me'), and even Andrea Bocelli ('Con te Partiro'). I should add some more fast stuff for running. When Louis Armstrong comes on I just want to stroll and smile.

I have often thought that I really need a soundtrack for my life. They get it in movies, as they walk along the song reflects what's going on in their lives, gives the perfect feel for it. Mine would probably be a funny mix of songs like those on my ipod. I've had so many times that I'm walking along, deep in thought, and think of a song that fits my mood perfectly. Those are the times I need to cue the orchestra and tell Mr. DeMille I'm ready for my closeup.

1 comment:

sue said...

Our muscles are sometimes like our children. They forget that the hard things we make them do is actually good for them.
Speaking of children, M is a joy. We are laughing a lot.