Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Friday 18 May 2007

seek and ye shall find

After seeking all over the place this morning I left for seeing R at Historica feeling like a first-class idiot. (she, by the way, was happy to see us, having fun with her new friends, and tired but having a ball)

A call from D as I got home: 'maybe I put it in the shorts I was wearing'.

Hadn't checked those. Had only checked my clothes. Wasn't I the last one with the key? I really did think so.

Picked them up to hear what I now class as one of the sweetest sounds in the world: a key, jingling in the pocket.

Life on the farm has restored to normal. Well, for us, anyway.

Except that the chickens only laid 4 eggs today. What's the deal with that? Perhaps the key had them stressed, too.

No comments: