Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Tuesday 15 May 2007

more than it feels like

I guess I did accomplish a fair bit yesterday. I did some prep work in the veggie garden and planted seeds for beans, peas, onions, shallots, and some garlic bulbs. Then I tackled the raspberry canes, cutting away the deadwood and pruning the ones that will bear fruit this year. They always fight back, but I got 'em good this time. After that, it was off to the flower gardens, pulling out dead leaves and cutting back last year's growth from the hostas so they can grow all new and pretty. I amassed enough dried plant goods to have a little fire in the firepit by the pool, which became the dessert buffet (read: roasted marshmallows) after supper.

After supper was taken up with my last hard training before Saturday's Try-a-Tri race. A 500m run to the bike to simulate the run from the pool to the transition zone, an 11km cycle, and a 2km run (14:28 ... slower but good after the bike). Today I'm tired but feeling pretty good about it. I had 'How You Remind Me' on the ipod again and this time it wasn't the lyrics 'are we having fun yet' that stuck in my mind, but the lines 'this is how you remind me of what I really am'. And for the first time, it struck me: I am stronger than I think. Doing this has made me realize what I really can do.

And it felt good.

Today: school (just about done that now) and about a zillion phone calls.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

you are stronger girl! i'm so proud of you!!!

Heather said...

I'm impressed, you've worked hard. I hope you enjoy your Tri.