Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Thursday 31 May 2007

suprising to say

I have not run since the Triathlon. First I was just tired, then busy. The odd thing is that I am finding that I miss it. It has been a surprise to me, given how little I like running. Not sure when that started, though I do have memories of elementary school and the weekly '9-minute run' (why not 10?) in phys ed class. Every Friday morning, there were four pylons set up to make an oval in the gym, and for 9 minutes you ran laps. You had a partner sitting inside the oval, counting how many you did. That was it. Run in circles while music blared. To this day, the songs 'Heart of Glass' (Blondie) and 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' (Queen) remind me of running in circles. I despised it.

So to find myself missing the training is a pleasant surprise. Maybe running and I can become friends. Send birthday cards as well as Christmas cards.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

maybe even Easter cards, Thanksgiving cards and valentine's day cards...

barb said...

now let's not get carried away.