Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Friday 26 March 2010

not alone

yesterday's thought...

To realize that we are not alone on life's journey is both a gift and a responsibility.

today's expansion (as my thoughts do tend to evolve as I ponder them, turn them over in my mind)...

There are people we pass on life's journey, faces appearing out of the mist as we walk along. Some we glance at, continue on our way. Others, we reach out a hand to greet.

Some return it with a wave, and pass on. They were with us for a brief moment.

Some reach our and shake our hand politely, stay with us for a season.

But some - gift indeed! - reach out, clasp our hand in true friendship. They hold on, steadying us over rough ground. Their warm, companionable grasp reminds us that they are there when the coldness of the mist threatens us. They don't let go. They are close enough to reach over and dry our tears, or to lean on us while we shake with laughter. They see what we do and know what delights us in the scenery along the way.

How I love my fellow sojourners.

No comments: