Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Thursday 15 April 2010

gotcha

One song fragment was a little slower to run than the rest. Or perhaps, more persistent. I got the first inklings of it yesterday morning and started typing, cutting, pasting, editing. A full song took shape and was printed off.

To the piano I went, to start finding chords and seeing if the melody that had flitted through my mind with the words worked. Some words were scratched out to suit the beat of the song. More chords added, arrows drawn to move sections around. A bridge riff jotted in. A tempo determined, changed, fixed upon.

Played it in fits and starts through the day until the feel was right. Played it at band rehearsal last night and have some guitar pieces to add to it now.

And 'Knock' will make its debut on Sunday morning.


No comments: