Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Tuesday 14 September 2010

farther

Today I ran for 30 minutes. And covered 4.5km. I have never run so long or so far in one go. I'm tired, but the sense of accomplishment is something of a reward in itself.

My goal of 5km is in reach, and I begin to ponder what to do over the winter when snow flies and the ice covers the pavement, and the biting wind is enough to keep me indoors. Pilates? Yoga? I don't want to lose the advantage I have gained over the summer, and I have another goal to shoot for now: I want to run my first 5km race in May.

I still don't like running. Can one like the benefits while not liking the activity?



2 comments:

Deek said...

Yes it is totally ok to like the benefits but not like running. Nobody really likes running. And those that say they do are biochemically deluded. (I wouldn't trust them if I were you....)

Anonymous said...

Harumph! I for one like running. Come to think of it, I wouldn't trust me either. I'm a bit off, in case you hadn't noticed.