Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Monday 9 August 2010

interview

I heard something today for the first time. And yes, I got emotional.

My song on the radio.

An interview, recorded on Friday over the phone, was played and through the course of it, four of my songs. I got to talk about my background, my songwriting, even this little blog. Many thanks to KC and the guys who took my scary rural phone and worked their techie magic on it.

I sounded ok. No, I sounded interesting. If I met that person, I do think I'd like her. I guess that's a good thing.

They finished the interview by playing 'We Hold On'. He'd have been 25 on Saturday. I wish, for the umpteenth time, I could have shared moments like these with him. Any moments, but these would have a little extra glee shared with him.