Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Friday 6 August 2010

dream

Seren's book comes out today. It's brilliant. This is not an official review so much as just be being stupidly proud of my dear friend and her dream sitting cozily between a front and back cover.

You did it! I'm humming little happy tunes as I think of it.

It's available for order at amazon, releases in the US today, and will be in Canada on August 31st. My kids' take on it:

"It's funny, cool, adventurous and amazing all at the same time. I love the part where Meeka tries to open the door with a stinky smelly fish! I also like Jackson's book that keeps changing." (M, age 10)

"Jackson doesn't feel important but wishes he was. Meeka is funny and messes everything up. With help from the Author, everyone can be a hero like Jackson. I like how the story is funny and what it teaches." (A, age 12)

"This book is witty - the sentences she uses, the definitions of long words. It gives a great perspective on the Author and our purpose in life." (R, age 14)

The book, aimed at the 9-12 reader, is a wonderful read-aloud that will amuse, inspire, and encourage. There are silly moments, laugh-out-loud passages, poignant bits, and the cosine of 7.88. Woven in amongst all of that is a real lesson that kids (and adults!) need to hear about purpose and fulfillment.

I guess it was a bit of a review, after all...