Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 26 September 2007

four years

... and still missing him. I look for words, but sometimes I can't find them. They elude me. Sometimes I will chase them, but other times - like today - I will grudgingly accept that I cannot catch them just now. So today, I will simply have the feeling without having the means to express it. Except this: I still miss him.

We are having a good time in Minnesota, enjoying time together and with Goaliemom and Bean and Swimming Teacher Extraordinaire (Bean's GF). His university campus (yes, it is his, I decree it.) is, in the words of Lizzie Bennett, "happily situated", pretty without being ostentatious, up-to-date yet charming.

Dinner at the Olive Garden last night was delicious and had us laughing at the realization that since asking about a wine on the list resulted in being offered a sample to try, we could end up with a glass's worth of free samples. The girls enjoyed a swim at the hotel on our return, then to bed while GM, Bean and I stayed up and talked about all sorts of things.

Today will be a day spent at a nearby town whose quaintness and shops have gained a reputation through GM. Looking forward to it.



No comments: