Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Tuesday 3 August 2010

surround

A tactile few days of feeling surrounded.

Yesterday after a hot run, I slipped off my shoes and socks and slid, still dressed from running, into the pool. The cool water surrounded me and the nerves in my skin felt alive to the sensation of the water moving around. It was tingly and invigorating.

Last night I climbed into our bed. Where our old mattress was springy, this one is soft and envelops as I lie down, sinking into the pillow top and feeling the bed hug me into itself. It was cozy; I lay there and gradually felt each muscle group succumb to letting itself relax, shedding the fatigue of the day.

This morning the clouds are low and dark grey, the rain audible on our house's tin roof. Like a blanket the clouds wrap around our home, rejuvenating the grass and fields. The rain hitting me last night as I rescued the laundry on the clothesline was warm and soft.

I hope you can feel surrounded by loveliness today and feel some little hugs of life.

No comments: