Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 28 July 2010

zone

I'm continuing to run, currently sitting on Week 7 of the program - trying to get back at it after a two-week hiatus. Today was 13ish minutes running (covered 2km in that time, hooray), then the return distance home a mix of running and walking. I'll get there.

It was on the homestretch that I got this strange sensation.

I was looking down the road, and the horizon point was completely the focus, as if the peripheral had faded away. All seemed still. My feet as I ran felt more stable, more sure on each step. My legs forgot they were mad at me and whispered that they could run all day. My breathing felt as if it didn't matter.

It felt oddly out-of-body (or maybe just in a better body?). For a moment I felt good, I felt strong.

Then reality jumped out of the bushes in a flying tackle and reminded me I was dead tired. From the surreal zone back to life, I plodded the rest of the way through the run home.

But that moment ... I want it again.


No comments: