Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

blank page

I sat down to write and nothing came. So I played. Moving through chord structures, trying new combinations. Playing in C# major, something I'd always feared as a pianist and realizing it's not so tough after all.

But no words. Nothing.

A text came from Seren: put a blank page in front of you.

A blank page. It stared at me; the inspiration came. Realizing that, like the page, each day is blank and waits to be filled. Interactions start as blank pages, waiting for the dialogue to be written.

One line at a time, one minute at a time. Life comes in fragments that we build on, chain together, and make:
- a relationship.
- a day.
- a mistake.
- a victory.
- a life.

We unite the good moments with the bad, the brilliant flashes with the awkward stumbles, the clever insights with the foolish blundering: each of us has these moments. How will I put mine together?

There's a song there, and it's taking shape.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

yay!

EMP said...

HoneyB: "The blank page awaits" - Margaret Atwood (I sure hope it's her; I've been quoting it for years).

I liked your line: "We unite the good moments with the bad, the brilliant flashes with the awkward stumbles, the clever insights with the foolish blundering." Yes!

Thanks for the reminder!

EP,
writing at home on a cosy (frigid!) Saturday of solitude in snowy Alberta