Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Tuesday 26 October 2010

gma canada

Every year, GMA (Gospel Music Association) Canada hosts the Covenant awards, celebrating Christian music in Canada. In conjunction with that, they are putting on GMA Canada Week, including a songwriting competition and a performance competition.

I'm entered in both.

(insert deep breath here)

I alternate between "what a great opportunity!" and "what have I gotten myself into?".

Three weeks ago I emailed mp3s and lyrics for five songs for the songwriting competition. That part's done. Next Saturday in Calgary, I go on stage for my 10-minute slot for the performance competition. That part's got me pretty intimidated. One criteria to be in this competition is that you not be a signed artist - but there are some very professional, experienced performers among the indie artists out there.

I'm praying my little 'firefly' can take wing and shine.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you win!

~Danni