Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 1 October 2008

the ordinary

I need to remember that the ordinary continues, even amidst the extraordinary.

That sounds deep. Perhaps it is.

But I find that my days of teaching the girls, of making our house a home and a haven, of doing the glamorous jobs like cleaning a chicken coop and hauling compost, will still need my attention. While my mind goes flitting off into ideas for songs, the laundry piles up if I don't keep on top of it. Granted, the laundry seems to pile up even when I am on top of it. But that's another story.

The demo sounds good but has me listening critically to my voice's tone (needs more consistency) and to my playing (need to get out of the lower end of the keyboard). All, I hope, leading to improvement. I am liking the flow of the songs and hearing them has confirmed that. The original giddy rush upon seeing the CDs has mellowed into careful listening and note-taking.

But for tonight - supper out with D, Seren and RSH, and two other couples for RSH's birthday. Planning to look hot in grey. We'll see; I may just end up looking like an extension of today's very overcast sky.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

with those legs? doubtful