Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Monday 20 October 2008

making the world a safer place

I have now done my part to protect the world from an onslaught of clay pigeons. They may seem harmless enough, but have been known to form large mobs and harass innocent people and small dogs.

We had a dozen or so women from Sequoia here on Sunday afternoon for trap shooting (for those who don't know: a clay disc about 4 inches across - picture a small frisbee - is flung from a launcher out into a field, where you then try to hit it with a shotgun). After the guys had a go at it, I thought the gals should enjoy a day of it too. And since it seems that all women's church events since time immemorial have involved tea, it became a "Trap & Tea" - a few rounds of shooting in the field, followed by tea in china cups with lots of dainty finger foods, fine cheeses, and fancy cakes.

And in true church event tradition, "a good time was had by all".

Very fun, out of the ordinary, and a definite to-be-repeated.

I blanked on my first round (nerves?) but hit my stride in rounds two (4/5 hits) and three (3/5 hits). The highlight of round two was when the first clay came out, it broke on release, but I got the largest piece in my sights and shot it anyway. Good to redeem myself.

No comments: