Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Thursday 7 June 2007

interconnected

The facebook phenomenon continues to roll, and yesterday I got in touch with several people I had not heard from in years. Kind of fun, really, to see where people are and what they're doing many years later. It's sort of a 'six degrees of separation' in action. The interconnections between people are funny.

There is much sadness on the part of the girls and most of Ottawa this morning, after our Sens lost the series last night. Sad to see such a good season end like that. It was amazing when I was downtown last week to see our normally calm and decorous city give into Cup madness, with red flags and GO SENS GO on windows, walls, and cars everywhere. I think that there should be a stipulation attached to the Stanley Cup that any city winning it must, at some time of the year, have naturally occurring ice. It's wrong on so many levels.

On to more cleanup and work and dance rehearsals and soccer today.

2 comments:

sue said...

Ottawa can be brutal. I remember how they harrassed Lalime. (sp?). How will Chris Phillips fare?

Bee said...

The boys actually made consolation cards for the Sens that we're going to mail to the Corel Centre- don't know if they'll actually get them, but I thought it was a cute idea.