Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 9 June 2010

flirt

She's winking at me. Every time I walk in the kitchen, the light hits just right and I swear, she winks. Beckoning me over, promising we'll have fun together. I think I'm falling in love.

I had ordered a new mixer using saved up Visa points. Our old KitchenAid had, after many years' long service, called it quits and so we decided to use points on a new one. I had gotten spoiled by the old mixer and wanted another KitchenAid but the $350 price tag was steep, so points it was.

But there was no white one available. Just - red. In my kitchen with its buttery yellow walls, grey-green cabinets, and wood floor. Oh well, I thought, I'll hide it in a cupboard so it won't clash.

Yesterday the box arrived, I opened it and - yes, really - I let out a long, slow 'oooohhhhh...'

Candy apple red. And the finish has an extra clear coat or something, because it has depth to it - like a car's metallic finish. Glass bowl. Silver attachments. All shiny and new.

Too pretty to hide. Too flirty not to accept the offer. It's hot.

Wonder what we'll make first?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome Barb! What are you going to make???? We have some great recipes. :)
From Rebekah Dawson

barb said...

Haha thanks, Rebekah! I will use it for all sorts of things, like cakes, breads, muffins, meringue. We made chocolate chip cookies with it this afternoon. Yummy!