Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Friday 23 April 2010

wandering

I like writing that just ... shows up, sweetly and often suddenly. To stumble across the line or tune that makes the song is blissful. It moves on its own - sometimes not going where I want it to but instead demanding its way, quiet but doggedly stubborn.

Then if I give up (dare I think it wisdom to do so?) and follow, I find myself in places I'd not planned to be. And some are just plain, maybe even ugly, places and I look at the song, shake my head and say with a smile, "oh, my little silly. Are you sure?"

But sometimes we round the corner and, there. There it is. It's a beautiful surprise. The light, the sounds all come together in a moment. And then the song looks at me, shakes its head and says with a smile, "oh, you silly. i told you so."

It's organic. Organic writing, I do like that.

No comments: