Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Wednesday 3 March 2010

resolve

I will get my garden going again this year. I was busy last summer and lacked the motivation to do it.

But that meant I missed out on so much that I love about summer.

The little green shoots poking up through the soil, the corn that's never, never tasted sweeter. The tomatoes that taste like tomatoes were meant to taste - even the smell of the plants themselves. Watching the girls walk through and eat raw carrots, beans, peas, lettuce, and whatever herbs catch their fancy. Fresh basil to put in scrambled eggs. Seeing order in my little gravel paths and seeing abundance come from dirt and seeds. The peace of early morning when I'm the only one up and I go out in the sun to do a little weeding, to check progress.

Definitely need to get it back this year.

I also have strange notions about trying to run a bit in the mornings. But let's not get carried away.

1 comment:

Y said...

I'm having similar notions - want to dig up the back yard and get some gardening going and I want to try running again. Must be something similar in the spring air here.