Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Tuesday 3 February 2009

well, that was strange

I have been on the road more lately, as our poor little Subaru apparently feels about cold like I do. A cold snap three weeks back made for a sluggish start for our truck and a non-start for the car - it would turn over, run for a few seconds, then sputter and stop. Since then we've tried a few times, hoping warmer days or revving it higher would help, but to no avail. So on the days I need a vehicle, I've been driving D to work.

Coming home one of those days I had a moment of wishing for my camera. A cube van turning at a light had, in large lettering on the side, "Give the Gift of Life", under which was "consider the gift of organ and tissue donation". My first thought, I must admit, was not to think of how nice it was for that person to get the message out, but to wonder why said message was on the side of a van made for carrying largish quantities of cargo.

And then the kicker: on the door of the van, with a phone number, was "Arnie's Food Service".

I stared, said 'eewww...' and then burst out laughing and called D.

Some incongruities are just incredible.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Mmmm..lung on rye with mustard..