Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Monday 11 February 2008

getting medieval on the kids

Apparently, that's a modified quote from Pulp Fiction. Since I have not seen it, I can't really vouch for it.

Today starts two weeks of what I'm calling "Medieval Immersion" in school. While we'll keep grammar and math as usual, this history book is on the shelf as we pause to learn about how people lived, dressed, ate and generally went about their business in the years around 1000-1200. Even spelling has succumbed to a word list gleaned from the topics of the day.

Today we introduce the unit and head out to the local wool mill (well, ok, Wal-Mart) to purchase fabric to make some costumes for the girls. R and A will get some basic sewing lessons out of the whole thing as well. I do like multi-discipline learning.

We'll see how the next two weeks pan out.

No comments: