Beyond

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder. If that makes me naive, then so be it.

Sunday 10 January 2010

glee

I saw something today that made me do an entirely unplanned, completely reflexive, scream. It slipped out before I could stop it and I realized when it heard it what it was.

An explosion of glee. Simple, unadulterated, honest glee.

I saw the cover drawing for my brilliant author friend's book. And, to the illustrator who I'm sure will never read this blog: you, too, are brilliant. The faces! The images! For crying out loud (and I almost did. No, on second thought, I did. There were more little glee-plosions, resulting in happy shrapnel everywhere) even the FONT were amazing. This amazing story, which so deserves the light of day, by an author who so deserves all the accolades that I'm sure she will get, is going to be available next December.

I am so happy for my dear Seren. It's gonna be beautiful.

gleegleegleeglee... what a fun word.